Wednesday, July 05, 2006

First post:
I'll introduce myself as a first post. I'm Chee Wai, a Singaporean pursuing my Phd in Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the United States.

I guess I was inspired by Mr Brown's Blog calling for Singaporeans to create an "I am Singaporean" entry in their individual blogs to express our national identity ahead of our independence day celebrations on Aug 9.

I suppose I'll use this blog to express my thoughts on my country as and when I feel like it. This can sometimes be a path fraught with "peril" as my government tends to sometimes have a rather unfanthomable view on what is "out-of-bounds" and what is not. Still, while I am not particularly fond of the ruling party (the People's Action Party), I am not some angry and disgruntled psycho out to "rock the boat", so I should be fine heheh :).



No comments: