Monday, May 13, 2013

We Humans are Capable of Greatness

Times like these, one needs a little renewal of faith in humanity. The title of this post is a quote from Carl Sagan, but I absolutely love this video put up by Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield from the ISS:



The earth looks so beautiful from up there. Pity there is a physical requirement to successfully go up there. I'll put it on my bucket list to go up into lower Earth orbit before I die, if only to see the place of my birth one last time before I go.

David Bowie's piece is here along with pictures of earth by Chris Hadfield:



Finally, here's the video with Carl's quote. Another beautiful piece that captures the human spirit and the human endeavor:



Edit: Found another musical piece by Chris Hadfield. His guitar in space. Loved one of the comments - "reminds me of Firefly"



No comments: